Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My name is Yellow. I am innocent


I am not on anyone's side
I am just a color
I am like the air which blows for all,
like the sun which rises for everybody,
like the birds which fly over the house of rich and the poor
My name is Yellow. I am innocent.

I am not corrupt
I am not an oppressor
I am not violence
I am not the dove of peace
I am not the status quo
I am not sweeping change either
I am not the power
I am not the opposition
My name is Yellow. I am innocent.

I am whatever you want me to be
I can be all of these or nothing at all
because whatever you want me to be
is what you yourself are.
My name is Yellow. I am innocent.

-Neha

Dedicated to all the innocent colors falsely implicated by wise and otherwise!

1 comment:

Kradlerock said...

Very very nice poem Neha..loved it...

Regs,
Chetan