Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weighing Machine

If thoughts were flying by © alles-schlumpf


Dear Weighing Machine,

What you don't know about me
is that even though you say it has been
over twenty pounds since ten years back,
I actually feel very light. L-i-g-h-t-n-e-s-s.

L-i-g-h-t-n-e-s-s. Not the one that you can weigh really.
The one which just has no weight.
For you don't weigh a heavy heart - the one
I carried for many years but which magically
became light as a feather because I no
longer care for the weight and the heaviness
I carried - but accept it with open arms.

I weigh in your eyes weighing machine :
NO I am not telling you how much - for you
already know that in your own binary way-
but I am telling you that
in my heart and soul I have become after all
these years weightless like a feather-
a feather which flies higher and higher with
winds both cold and hot.

What you don't know weighing machine is
that there isn't just the cumulative weight-
the body mass index
the body fat percentage
the muscles, the clothes,
the hairband, the earrings
the bangles, the ring with big stone
this silver watch....
There is the spirit
How do you weigh the spirit?

-Neha

Dedicated to Kelly Zen-Yie Tsai for the light-ness!

1 comment:

ashutosh sharma said...

Wow what a poem