Sunday, April 24, 2011

Feelings of Kitchen Ceiling

Still Life with Green Sideboard by Henri Matisse (1928)

I am your kitchen ceiling
I too have very deep feelings

I am not just part of a structure
I am objective with my own character

I am head of four exciting walls
I see the shiny wooden floor overall

I have been part of invisible lot
I look into eyes of boiling pot

I see lot of things cook down there
I don't speak of just cookie dough

I hope you would look up here
I hope it happens this very year

I have been put on a pedestal for long
I too dream one day to walk on ground

- Neha

NaPoWriMo Daily Prompt #22: Choose an object (something interesting, like a stress ball, an article of clothing, a knick knack, etc.) and write a poem about it.

2 comments:

Jingle Poetry said...

love the flow..
well penned.

Hello:

You have won The Perfect Poet Award Week 42, Due to your performance in the present or previous Poets Rally!

Please leave a link under the award post after you take it,

This award will Not be given to poets who reject it or previously rejected it.

Happy Writing, Thanks for the support!

Jay said...

Hmmm...fascinating.Must say I have never wondered how my kitchen ceiling feels before.Lovely!